Saturday, March 1, 2014

SNOW, SNOW AND MORE SNOW




This winter has been awful here in NY. It has been cold and it has snowed so much that everyone is so tired of it.  Guess what's coming within the next three days? More snow possibly a major storm.Yeah I am so looking forward to it. NOT.  I guess we got spoiled with all of the warm winters we have been having for the past couple of years. You can  blame it on global warming. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Snow use to be so much fun until you have to shovel it. I lived in a house growing up and helped my dad with the snow for years.  When I got married I lived in a two family house and did not have to worry about shoveling. After a couple of years  we moved from an apartmment in the two family house and to an apartment building.  We lived in the apartment building  for 5 years.Today I am back to the house were I grew up.  Sometimes now I have to shovel. Hours and hours of fun shoveling. It beats going to the gym. You work every muscle in you body giving you a full bodywork and you have to do this more than one time during a storm possibly 3 times. YEAH!

Seeing snow in my childs eyes gives me a new perspective of snow. I forgot how much fun it was. Peter loves playing in the snow. He likes to lay down in it and make snow angels. He likes to make snowmen too. We haven't used the sled yet. I still have my red flexible  flyer sled which is an antique these days. Don't you remember that wood and steel sled? Things have changed over the years but one thing remains. Why do we as kids love snow?

I really dont have an answer. Is it the pureness of that white fluffy stuff?  Maybe. Is it because it is different than what they are use too. Maybe. Could it be because it is associated with Christmas and the holidays? Could be or is it because it is really fun. It might be a different reason for each child.  I dont really think we will ever find out why.

Falling Snow 


See the pretty snowflakes
Falling from the sky;
On the wall and housetops
Soft and thick they lie.
On the window ledges,
On the branches bare;
Now how fast they gather,
Filling all the air.
Look into the garden,
Where the grass was green;
Covered by the snowflakes,
Not a blade is seen.
Now the bare black bushes
All look soft and white,
Every twig is laden,
What a pretty sight!

Poem written by Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment