Sunday, August 17, 2014

Road Trip with a toddler Part 2 The Voyage Home

We left Beavers Dam NY a day ago still dreading the 5 hour car ride home. We left at 11:30 am which I knew was a bad idea because when we would get caught up in rush hour traffic. We did it took 7 1/2 hours to get home back to Queens. Peter was a real trooper again with an even longer ride. 

All during our journey Peter has been on  road potty training too. He is almost fully potty trained at home but on the road it has been a challenge. He did better than I expected. He told us each time and we would pull over to a rest stop and go into the bathroom. Afterwards I would sing his potty song that I made up. He would sing and dance to it. 

Anyway our travels with Peter in the car were great and I am hoping our next adventure will be just as good. Hopefully our next trip will be on a plane. Fingers crossed that that trip will be just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment