Monday, August 11, 2014

Accomplishing A Goal

Last week I decided to do something that I haven't done in a long time. I started running again. I haven't ran since before Peter was born. I never ran far just a short distance because I didn't think I could run like other people.  I decided then that next year I was going to do a race that was at least 3k no more than 5K. Why you ask? Because to me it major accomplishment. I am half way there.

Most times as parents we put things aside because we have no time. We tend to our children and forget about ourselves in the process. We never take time for ourselves. I was talking one night at a Dads Nights Out with the NYC Dads Group to a dad name Joe about running because I saw a status on Facebook about him running. I asked him how does he find the time because he is a stay at home dad and is always busy.  His response was find the time and just do it. Joe you have been such an inspiration to me giving me hope that I will make my goal . Thank you. You are awesome!

Why do we give up on our goals? I think because it is easier to give up instead of pushing ourselves. That is with everything we do. You can do anything you put your mind to and be determined to complete the goal.  Even the smallest goal can be accomplished. Just when you think you can't someone or something drives you.

The next time someone tells you that you can't do something remember anything is possilble with determination and support. I have both in accomplishing my goal of running a race.


1 comment:

  1. Good stuff Larry . . . keep us posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete